Hillcrest Supported Living Kernow is a pioneering service aimed at supporting residents of Cornwall who have a learning disability, within their own home.
Hillcrest Kernow is primarily aimed at people aged 18 to 65 with learning disabilities. Should clients be living in their own homes when referred, the service will seek to enhance their inclusion within their community.
Hillcrest Kernow is a needs based service with an excellent reputation for being flexible, innovative and pro-active.
- We support people in their own homes to learn all the necessary independent living skills such as cooking, cleaning and budgeting.
- We support, empower and encourage clients to take an active part in their community and access mainstream leisure pursuits and interests.
- Individual support plans can include access to day centres, colleges or adult education classes, or supported employment should the person wish to participate as part of their person centred plan.
- We provide help, support and advice in accessing accommodation.
- Facilitate clients "moving on" within the service (from residential care to supported living or from one flat to another)
At Hillcrest Kernow we aim to exceed any minimum standards laid down by legislation and will work to commonly accepted standards of good practice adhering to O'Brien's Five Accomplishments by person centred planning approaches to support planning, evaluation and review of individual needs, wishes and aspirations.
Values and Principles
We aim to work with people, their families and professionals within a framework of anti-discriminatory practice and in such a way as to promote each person's individual value.
We are committed to:
- Actively promoting each person's participation in a regular lifestyle
- Supporting people to access community facilities
- Having positive expectations by stressing each person's achievements and strengths without losing sight of their disability and individual needs.
The service has no standard package, any competitive care fees will be individually costed to meet the assessed needs of the person. Support charges will be paid for through a variety of means; social services, privately, through the NHS or other government bodies. Support available will include:
- Staffing at an agreed ratio and for agreed periods
- Sleep in cover where applicable
- Waking night support where applicable
- Qualified management and support team with an emphasis on continued personal development
- Achieving agreed outcomes within a designated period of time
- Finding and maintaining accommodation where necessary on agreed tenancies
- Assistance with accessing relevant benefits/services
- 24 hr emergency on call service
Service Manager: Stuart Masters
Tel: 01872 278807 Mobile: 07775 941743
Fax: 01872 278805
Hillcrest Supported Living Kernow is a pioneering service aimed at supporting residents of Cornwall with a learning disability in their own home. Tel: 01872 278807 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org