Hillcrest Dorset is a supported living service providing 24-hour support to adults aged 18- 65 yrs with learning disabilities and complex needs. We can also cater for the needs of Acquired Brain Injury and clients with Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
Our vision of person-centred support is to start with the person and build the service around their needs, with complete user participation at all stages of the process.
We seek to put required support in place to enable our clients to access opportunities, resources and facilities through working collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams to access and facilitate whatever support is needed.
"Care and Support staff demonstrated a wide range of knowledge relating the service users they care for. The reviewers were very impressed by the quality of the care and support being provided and the strong leadership that is in place from the local and area managers." Debbie Hopper, Bournemouth and Poole Safeguarding Review
Values and Principles
We aim to work with people, their families and professionals within a framework of anti-discriminatory practice and in such a way as to promote each person's individual value.
We are committed to:
- Actively promoting each person's participation in a regular lifestyle
- Supporting people to access community facilities
- Having positive expectations by stressing each person's achievements and strengths without losing sight of their disability and individual needs
At Hillcrest Dorset we aim to exceed any minimum standards laid down by legislation and will work to commonly accepted standards of good practice. We adhere to O'Brien's Five Accomplishments through person centred planning approaches to support planning and evaluation and review of individual needs, wishes and aspirations.
Hillcrest Dorset is a needs based service with an excellent reputation for being flexible, innovative and pro-active.
- We support, empower and encourage clients to take an active part in their community and access mainstream leisure pursuits and interests.
- Individual support plans can include access to day centres, colleges or adult education classes, or supported employment should the person wish to participate as part of their person centred plan.
- We provide help, support and advice in accessing accommodation.
- Facilitate clients "moving on" within the service (from residential care to supported living or from one flat to another)
The service has no standard fee, any care fees will be individually costed to meet the assessed needs of the person.
Support available will include:
- Staffing at an agreed ratio and for agreed periods
- Sleep in cover where applicable
- Waking night support where applicable
- Qualified management and support.
- Training for staff
- Maintaining accommodation where necessary on agreed tenancies
- Assistance with accessing relevant benefits/ services
How to contact us:
Telephone: 07824 638395